24 September 2011

2012 (No, not the movie)

This is just a short blog post, because I want to make sure all of nobody knows that we're back. Or at least I am (I don't know whether Nick has been posting or anything. I've been busy watching Scrubs and not playing enough games. Wallowing in self pity, if you will.). So what I'm saying is I'm winging this. Sorry for the rants then.

So now here's the real deal. 2012 is the fucking year for games. Now hear me out. I know people are saying "But what about Gears of War 3, Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, Ass Creed, THE BATMAN, Call of Duty (lawl), Rage (maybe?), etc., etc., etc." Well fuck that. I know there are awesome games coming out this year still and some have already come out - potential blockbuster titles,  possible Best Game of the Year shit coming soon, and even some awesome indie games. But have we looked at the line-up for 2012? It's fucking ridiculous. Seriously. Here's a (just now formed, and only possible - with some release dates not yet listed) list of 2012 games I'm excited about/hope to buy and review (and this is only the ones for  X360):

Bioshock Infinite
Borderlands 2
Dishonored
Far Cry 3
Gotham City Imposters *
Hitman: Absolution *
Mass Effect 3
Max Payne 3
Rayman Origins
Silent Hill Downpour *
SSX*
Syndicate
The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings (please, please, please, please, please?) *
The Witness
XCOM

*Games of extremely questionable release dates

So how can you not be excited? These are just major game releases (and one XBLA game). That is absolutely why 2012 is going to be an absolutely fucking amazing year for video games.

P.S. To all none of you out there: look for my review of Gears of War 3 within the next three weeks. :)

1 comment:

  1. WHERE'S THIS REVIEW? DAVE?!?! YOU SAID THREE WEEKS!!! IT'S BEEN LIKE ALMOST A YEAR!

    ReplyDelete